Sunday, February 28, 2010

Awkward Makeovers

So you know when you see someone you know that has changed their look dramatically. You don't know if it was on purpose or a mistake so you don't know how to approach them. You don't know whether or not you should laugh with them about it or compliment them on it. I had this experience recently when a girl in my ward dyed her hair orange. I thought maybe something had gone wrong in the hair dying process, but I was mistaken. Not only was the new hair on purpose, but she loved it. It can be difficult to know how to approach a situation like this. I find that when it is someone you are not very close to words like "interesting", "unique", and "original" come to mind. You don't want to really lie about how you feel but you also don't want to hurt their feelings. However, if it a close friend then you should say something if you really think that it looks terrible. Don't be too rude and say "That looks horrible" but rather approach the subject with a "It's not my favorite look on you." They should get the hint and fix whatever is wrong.

No comments:

Post a Comment